Adjustment of Status

No matter how complex it is, we can handle your immigration case. We have taken cases as far as the Supreme Court. We act quickly to help you.

Helping You Seek the Immigration Status You Want

When someone is already in the United States, he or she may be able to apply for a green card (known as lawful legal resident status) without having to leave the country first. This can be helpful, as many people are unable to return to their home countries to complete the process.

At Monzón, Guerra & Chipman, Attorneys At Law, in Lincoln, Nebraska, we work closely with clients who are attempting to obtain their green cards and make adjustments to their immigration statuses. The process includes numerous steps. Our lawyers are highly skilled in immigration law matters and can explain each step, what needs to be done and what comes next.

What do you have to do to get an adjustment of your status? Contact our law firm at 402-979-8703 for an explanation of your options.

The First Step

When determining whether an individual will qualify for adjustment of status (AOS), we examine the situation to determine which immigrant category the person fits under. The qualifications and requirements that render someone eligible for AOS may vary according to the type of immigrant category they are applying under.

Our firm has the resources to help you understand the category system. We will look at your situation and what your current status is, compare it with the extensive list of categories and ensure that you are applying under the correct category.

Offering You Guidance for a Complex Process

After determining the proper category, we will help you gather all the documentation you need and submit it while routinely following up on your case and handling any issues that may come up. Time will elapse between application and decision, but you can always check with our firm to see what the status is. We stay current on all our cases so we can answer questions as they arise.

Do you have more questions about AOS cases? Call our attorneys today at 402-979-8703 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation. We offer Spanish language services.