Chipman, David V.
David V. Chipman enjoys zealously representing his clients. He began his legal career as an Air Force Judge Advocate and subsequently worked for a local law firm, as well as a federal attorney and supervisor of over fifty employees, before recently joining Monzón Guerra. He has represented clients in matters of family law, personal injury, and workers' compensation throughout the State of Nebraska.
He additionally has experience handling federal employee discrimination claims before the Equal Opportunity Commission (EEOC), federal employee adverse actions before the Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB), and contract and real estate claims before both the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals (ASBCA) and the United States Court for the District of Nebraska.
Besides his litigation practice, he does transactional work such as real estate, wills, trusts, and probate.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Workers' Compensation Law
- Real Estate
- Estate Planning and Probate
- Federal Employment Law
- Federal Contract and Real Estate Claims
- Nebraska, 2005
- U.S. District Court District of Nebraska, 2007
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2012
- University of Nebraska College of Law, Lincoln, Nebraska
- Juris Doctor - 2005
- Honors: With High Distinction
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Minot, North Dakota
- M.B.A. - 2002
- Nebraska Wesleyan University, Lincoln, Nebraska
- B.S. - 1999
- Major: Physics
- David V. Chipman & Mindy Rush Chipman, The Necessity of “Right to Travel” Analysis in Custodial Parent Relocations Case, 10 WYOMING LAW REVIEW 267 (2010)
- David V. Chipman, Legal Remedies for Misrepresentation of Paternity in Marriage, 4 WHITTIER JOURNAL OF CHILD & FAMILY ADVOCACY 467 (2005)
Past Employment Positions
- Air Force Judge Advocate