Monzón, Guerra & Associates, Attorneys at Law

Call for Free Initial Consultation
Consultations are Confidential

contact Menu

Understanding non-immigrant visas

Fight Your DUI Charges. Contact Us Today.

You may be surprised to learn that visas are not simply for immigrants. There are several kinds of non-immigrant visas and we at Monzon, Guerra and Associates are committed to helping you understand these different types of visas.

The difference between non-immigrant visas and those intended specifically for immigrants is the length of time they authorize someone to be in a country. FindLaw says that if you are issued a non-immigrant visa, you are typically going to another country for a distinct reason and will usually not be there for a long period of time. Most of the time, you may need a visa if you are traveling to another country for pleasure. In this situation, you usually receive a tourist visa, which is valid for up to one year. You may also have this kind of visa if you will be traveling to another country for business.

Additionally, you may need a visa if you plan to attend school in a different country. The kind of education you will receive determines the classification of your visa. If you intend to go to a vocational school, you usually need a visa specifically for this kind of education. Additionally, you need a visa if you will be doing research or teaching at a school in a different country. In some situations, you may qualify for a visa waiver. This means that if you are from one of the countries that participates in the program, you typically do not a visa if you will be in a different country for less than 90 days.

There are a variety of reasons you may require a non-immigrant visa. If you transfer to an international branch of your company, plan to work in a different country for a short time or are a religious worker intending to work abroad, you usually need a visa. More information about this subject can be found on our webpage.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For a Response

Contact Monzón, Guerra & Associates Attorneys At Law

We Will Go The Extra Mile In Order To Achieve Your Goals & Exceed Your Expectations

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Monzón, Guerra & Associates, Attorneys at Law
1133 H Street
Lincoln, NE 68508

Toll Free: 866-734-7798
Phone: 402-477-8188
Fax: 402-477-8202
Lincoln Law Office Map