You Can Trust Your Toughest Legal Battles to Our Experienced Team.

You are not just another client to us. We will handle your matter with the respect, authority and care you deserve.

What kind of damages can I seek after a car accident in Nebraska?

On Behalf of | Sep 11, 2020 | Car Accidents |

Being a car accident victim can put you in a tough spot financially. You will have to repair your car, pay for all your accident-related medical appointments and maybe even miss out on work because of your injuries.

Thankfully, if the accident wasn’t half your fault, then you can seek damages. You can do this by filing a claim with your own or the other driver’s car insurance or by filing a lawsuit. With either route you take, here are four different types of compensation you might be able to receive:

  1. Property damage: Some car crashes come with costly repairs, while some people’s cars aren’t fixable after an accident. With both scenarios, you can file to receive money to fix or replace your vehicle.
  2. Medical costs: After a car accident, one of your first orders of business should be visiting a doctor. And if your injuries require follow-up appointments, you could likely receive damages to cover your initial medical checkup and any following or future accident-related medical costs. This might include hospital bills, medicine or any medical equipment that a doctor recommends.
  3. Pain and suffering: You can also seek damages for both the physical and emotional pain you go through because of the crash. The pain you experience might be so brutal that it makes it hard for you to get work done at your job or around your home. It might also bring your emotions down. Through pain and suffering, you can receive money to make up for the distress the accident has caused you.
  4. Lost wages: Maybe you take the day off from work because the accident interrupted you commute and shook up your day. It’s also possible that you’ll need a few days or weeks to heal from a surgery or need to take time out of your workday to do physical therapy for accident-related injuries. You can file to replace the wages you miss out on through the claims process.

Whether you choose to settle with insurance companies or in a court setting, a personal injury attorney can support you on your road to recovery.