Monzón, Guerra & Associates, Attorneys at Law

Call for Free Initial Consultation
Consultations are Confidential

contact Menu

Student visa requirements

Fight Your DUI Charges. Contact Us Today.

People who live in Nebraska and know someone from another country who wants to come and study in the United States will want to ensure the visitors know abou the right type of visa they will want to apply for. As explained by the United States Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs, there are actually two different classifications of student visas.

One student visa is an M visa and may be available to those persons wanting to participate in vocational training programs in the U.S. The other type of student visa is the F visa. This may be used by young elementary or high school foreign exchange students or college and university students. Persons wanting to attend religious training schools such as seminaries or to pursue special music education at a conservatory may also apply for an F visa.

International Student, an organization that facilitates study abroad programs worldwide, indicates that when applying for an F-1 visa, students will want to prove that they are strongly connected to their native countries. This may be shown by indicating a number of relatives still in the country or even a potential job waiting for them once they have completed their studies.

Student visa applicants will also need to show that they can provide for themselves financially. Student visas are not available to persons seeking non-credit or recreational courses. Similarly, people with visitor visas can only take non-credit or recreational courses in the U.S. as the standard visitor visa does not permit them pursuing credit or degree programs.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For a Response

Contact Monzón, Guerra & Associates Attorneys At Law

We Will Go The Extra Mile In Order To Achieve Your Goals & Exceed Your Expectations

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Monzón, Guerra & Associates, Attorneys at Law
1133 H Street
Lincoln, NE 68508

Toll Free: 866-734-7798
Phone: 402-477-8188
Fax: 402-477-8202
Lincoln Law Office Map