Monzón, Guerra & Associates, Attorneys at Law

Call for Free Initial Consultation
Consultations are Confidential

contact Menu

What are common paths to residency?

Fight Your DUI Charges. Contact Us Today.

As someone from out of the country who aims to live in Nebraska, there are many options for you regarding how to get here. Monzón, Guerra & Associates, attorneys at law, will be able to help you examine which paths are most feasible for you, and which options will benefit you the most greatly.

There are numerous different paths to residency, each suiting a different situation, lifestyle, and needs. For example, you can apply for family-based immigration if you have a sibling, parent, child, or spouse who is already a resident in the U.S. Business-based immigration, on the other hand, is a more suitable path if you just intend to be in the country for business-related affairs, such as working for an international company.

At any point in your stay, you can apply for an Adjustment of Status (AOS), which will allow you to become a lawful permanent resident regardless of what your status was beforehand. Commonly, this is known as obtaining your "green card". There's also the possibility of seeking asylum. This option is available to immigrants who arrive in the country after fleeing from a dangerous homeland. North Korean citizens are a commonly cited example for people seeking asylum in the U.S., though citizens from other countries of turbulence can also apply.

If you are interested in becoming a permanent resident, joining your family in the country, or seeking a visa or asylum, please visit our web page on immigration law. There are many paths to becoming a legal resident of the U.S., and just as many ways that we can help you get there.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For a Response

Contact Monzón, Guerra & Associates Attorneys At Law

We Will Go The Extra Mile In Order To Achieve Your Goals & Exceed Your Expectations

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Monzón, Guerra & Associates, Attorneys at Law
1133 H Street
Lincoln, NE 68508

Toll Free: 866-734-7798
Phone: 402-477-8188
Fax: 402-477-8202
Lincoln Law Office Map