Monzón, Guerra & Associates, Attorneys at Law

Call for Free Initial Consultation
Consultations are Confidential

contact Menu

Modification of a divorce decree

Fight Your DUI Charges. Contact Us Today.

Have you and your spouse in Nebraska decided that you can no longer remain married to each other? Maybe you have already instigated a divorce or maybe you have even come to what you believed was your final settlement agreement. Before you assume everything in your life is set in stone, it is a good idea to get some facts about how or when you might be able to make a change to a divorce agreement.

As explained by the Nebraska Revised Statutes, there is a period of six months that must pass after the date on which a divorce is first filed before that divorce can be officially completed. This six-month period may be referred to as the interlocutory period and it is during this time when a divorce is pending finalization that you might have one of your opportunities to amend your agreement or even to cancel it altogether. The cancellation of an agreement is commonly referred to as vacating the agreement.

Another time when you may be able to amend your divorce agreement is in the six months following the divorce finalization. One reason that may allow you to modify a divorce decree is the failure on the part of at least one party to share essential information with the court.

If you would like to learn more about the legalities surrounding how to get a divorce decree modified or even vacated, please feel free to visit the divorce modification page of our Nebraska divorce and family law website.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For a Response

Contact Monzón, Guerra & Associates Attorneys At Law

We Will Go The Extra Mile In Order To Achieve Your Goals & Exceed Your Expectations

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Monzón, Guerra & Associates, Attorneys at Law
1133 H Street
Lincoln, NE 68508

Toll Free: 866-734-7798
Phone: 402-477-8188
Fax: 402-477-8202
Lincoln Law Office Map