Monzón, Guerra & Associates, Attorneys at Law

Call for Free Initial Consultation
Consultations are Confidential

contact Menu

Can I bring my fiancee or spouse to the U.S.?

Fight Your DUI Charges. Contact Us Today.

If you are like many people currently living in Nebraska, you may often wonder about how spouses or engaged persons can bring their loved ones to the U.S. If you have either gotten engaged or married to someone who does not have citizenship or permanent residency but you are either a United States citizen or a permanent resident yourself, you may file for visas that allow your husband, wife, finance or fiancee to come to America.

According to the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs, the process for doing this will vary based upon whether or not you are already married to your partner. It does not matter if your partner is of the same or opposite gender as you. If you are married or engaged, you may need to first request the appropriate visa for your partner and then you will file the petition forms once the visa is approved.

For a spouse, your visa forms might include an IR1, a CR1 or a K-3. If you file a K-3, which is a non-immigrant visa for a spouse, you must do this in the country where you got married. For an engaged partner, you may file for a K-1 non-immigrant visa fiancee or fiancee.

This information is not intended to provide legal advice but is instead meant to give residents in Nebraska an overview of the types of visas and petitions involved in bringing a non-citizen to the U.S. as a spouse or a future spouse of the sponsoring person.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For a Response

Contact Monzón, Guerra & Associates Attorneys At Law

We Will Go The Extra Mile In Order To Achieve Your Goals & Exceed Your Expectations

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Monzón, Guerra & Associates, Attorneys at Law
1133 H Street
Lincoln, NE 68508

Toll Free: 866-734-7798
Phone: 402-477-8188
Fax: 402-477-8202
Lincoln Law Office Map