Family-based Immigration Lawyers

Many people come to the U.S. with the intention of having relatives join them in the country at some point in time. Bringing relatives into the U.S. can be a complicated process, and should be handled by an experienced lawyer.

At the Lincoln, Nebraska, office of Monzón, Guerra & Associates, our lawyers are highly skilled in the area of immigration. Whether you need assistance with paperwork or even just how to begin the process of family-based immigration, we sit down with clients to determine their end goal, and work toward that goal with them every step of the way.

If You Are a Citizen

When a naturalized United States citizen is seeking to bring someone to the U.S., there are many different types of relatives that may be able to travel. Fiancées, parents, siblings, spouses and children (adults or minors) are all types of family members whom can be brought into the country to join a citizen.

If You Have a Green Card

As a lawful permanent resident, (the designation for green card holders), you can bring family to the U.S., but not as many classifications of family members as if you were a citizen. Green card holders can bring a spouse, unmarried adult child or minor child.

Reuniting our clients with their loved ones is important to us. To further discuss your questions and concerns about fiancée visas, family visas, immigrant visas or other immigration questions, please contact our attorneys today by calling 402-477-8188. We can also be reached through our online contact form. Spanish language services available.