Carlos A. Monzón
20+ Years of Experience
Carlos A. Monzón is a trial lawyer with experience in both federal
and Nebraska state courts. He has been in private practice for over 20
years. He has worked as a Federal Public Defender and served on the Nebraska
Bar Association's Minority and Justice Task Force Implementation Committee
and the United States District Court of Nebraska Federal Practice Committee.
He has handled hundreds of criminal cases before the United States District
Court for the District of Nebraska and other county and district courts
throughout the State of Nebraska.
Attorney Carlos A. Monzón maintains affiliations with the American
Trial Lawyers Association, Top 100 Trial Lawyers since 2007, American
Criminal Trial Lawyers Association, Nebraska Hispanic Bar Association,
the Nebraska Criminal Defense Attorneys Association, the Nebraska Bar
Association’s Minority and Justice Task Force Implementation Committee
and the United States District Court of Nebraska’s Federal Practice
Committee. He served as a board member of the Child Guidance Center and
Prairie Hill Learning Center.
In addition, Mr. Monzón brings over a decade of committed legal
service to the profession, uniquely positioning him to represent clients
in Nebraska and federal courts. He received the Nebraska Bar Association’s
Charitable Funds Visionary Award, presented in recognition of improving
the administration of justice in Nebraska. Mr. Monzón also served
as an Assistant Federal Defender for the District of Nebraska where he
exclusively handled hundreds of serious criminal cases.
Areas of Practice:
- Criminal Law -- DUI/DWI
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Workers' Compensation Law
- Nebraska, 1994
- U.S. District Court District of Nebraska, 1994
- University of Nebraska College of Law, Lincoln, Nebraska,1994 J.D.
- National Criminal Defense College, Mercer Law School, Macon, Georgia, 2002
- InterAmerican University of Puerto Rico, 1987 B.A.
Awards and Accomplishments:
- 2013 Unbelievable Jury Win Award by the US Federal Public Defenders for Nebraska
- 2006 Missionary Award from Nebraska State Bar Association
- Faculty Member of National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA) training
- Lead Trial Advocacy Seminars in Chile, Peru, Mexico, and Puerto Rico
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Nebraska Hispanic Bar Association
- Nebraska Criminal Defense Attorneys Association
- Robert Van Pelt Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- Nebraska Bar Association
- Minority and Justice Implementation Committee
- Firth Community Association
- National Trial Lawyers Association - Criminal Trial Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers